Thursday, June 16, 2011

RATE

Wow, we completed 6 films in a matter of 4 weeks?  I can't believe it is over!!! Out of the 6 films I rate the animation project as my favorite.  The reason for why it is my favorite is because as a group we all contributed with ideas, moved objects, and discussed.  I felt as if the team effort was the strongest for this project and to finally understand how the animation factor works with stop motion is awesome to know!  Who wouldn't be excited to learn about that?  The second favorite project was cameraless filmmaking.  Even though we were all paired with a partner, we worked individually in the aspect of manipulating film in our own segments and pieces.  It was fun to experiment with the different ways to manipulate film.  Also seeing the colors through inking and magazine transfers was surprising to see.  I definitely want to use the magazine transfer approach again.....and to find out how easy it is to do makes the style so much better :) My third favorite was the 3D shoot.  It was awesome to finally understand how 3D works.  Learning how to use after affects and how to even construct 3D classes made the learning experience the most appreciated.  Even though our footage wasn't the best, I thought the learning experience was way more valuable.  My fourth favorite was the pin hole camera.  Once again a great learning experience.  I never knew that you could make a camera without any digital or technical aspects to it. Fatty the Patty definitely helped our group out....other groups too!  Finally, my least favorite project was the long take.  I felt as if I didn't really learn anything about the long take.  I learned about the bolex before and filming in only one take is difficult, but it has been plenty of times in our department.  I'm so glad I took this class.  I have definitely learned sooo much about constructing film.

No comments:

Post a Comment